Monday, October 1, 2007

Short and sweet

Today was long.
Today was hard.
Today had some really funny moments.
Haircolor is a hot topic these days.
Kaitlyn walked by Melvin at Spanish class and brushed his hair with her fingers and said "he's got red head." By the way, she is finally settling in. She participated in part of the class and cried when we had to leave. Yay!
Eden was sitting at the counter this evening and smiling at Nick in his bumbo chair and said "I think Nick is going to get hair like Melvin's." I said "red?" She said "yeah, when he turns his head that way it looks a little red." I said "nah, I think he's a blondie." Kait popped up and said "I have blonde hair." I agreed and made a fond comment about my three little blondies. Eden looked at me and screwed up her face and said "but YOU don't have blonde hair." I agreed and commented that I don't think my hair is any particular color, just a mess. Kaitlyn lifted a lock of it and said " you have darling hair." Melted me like buttah. First time I've ever heard her say darling.
My children are wonderful little people. I am so darn lucky to spend my days with them and I can't even imagine how badly I will miss them all when they leave my comfy little nest. It makes me wonder how people ever really get done having kids sometimes. It's such fun stage of life in so many ways, even if it is harder than heck.

No comments: