Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm really trying here! I made Jody a heart shaped chocolate cake and Kaitlyn just ate a big chunk off of it! OMG!!!!! It was a little crumbly in parts but she didn't have to eat the end off of it! We made him a really cool card this year. Eden's level of creativity has probably tripled this year. She's started doing all the fun little curlies on letters and grouping hearts into flowers and stuff. It's so neat. We got heart shaped brads to do heart stacks in progressional sizes and puffy stickers. We cut two giant hearts out and attached them together with the brads and then put all that stuff on there. It's pretty darn neat for the non-crafty mommy.
Nick has one tooth and three more that are making white marks on his gums trying so hard to get through. He's clapping and trying to wave but gets confused on how to do one or the other so he usually just winds up clapping. So cute!
The kids are happy here in the rent house but they really miss their Minnesota people. It hurts when they ask for them but I know in time we'll adjust and do just fine with what we have and make new friends.
I'm obsessed with selling our house and getting a new one. I can't fall asleep at night just thinking about how great it will be if it happens or how terrible it will be if it doesn't.
Yesterday the weather was incredible. The high was 64 and we played bat and ball in the back yard. We woke up to a white world with about 3 inches of snow this morning so the girls got the sled out and went and played in the back yard on it. I do absolutely love Colorado weather except for the occassional wind.
My little brother called from Iraq today. It was a great Valentine's gift just to hear his voice. He is certain he does not want to pursue a military career but has lots of other ideas stirring around. I just can't believe he doesn't want to go to Hollywood. He's such a character.
Enough of my boring life! I hope everyone who reads this occassionally is doing well and thriving.
God bless and dang it about Huckabee. He coulda gotten the nomination if only!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I also made a chocolate Valentine's Day cake when Louis was almost 3. I baked it in a chocolate box I had saved and lined with foil. It turned out beautifully! I lovingly frosted it with your Daddy's favorite cocoa fudge frosting and outlined the heart with cinnamon red hots. I also wrote "I Love You" in red hots quite a masterpiece for such an artistically challenged person as your Mother.It was also too much of a challenge for your brother. He picked off most of the red hots and left a few stray finger trails in the frosting. At the time, I was livid -- now, almost 30 years later -- I wish I had taken pictures.