Monday, February 11, 2008

Politics?

I'm so irritated about politics right now anything I say will be negative... GRRRR~ I guess a bunch of people without a conscience are going to elect a baby killer to office and I feel powerless to stop them. As far as the whole separation of Church and State... I just wish those people even knew what true separation of Church and State is. I'm so sick of hearing people spout exactly what they've been told to think, without analyzing it.
Anyway, I was on my way to the gym this morning listening to the Christian station and a little girl called in and requested that song about leaving a legacy for her mother. The dj asked her why and she said her mom had a cancer treatment that morning and she always listens to that station during her treatments. I cried the rest of the way to the gym wishing I could keep things like that in front of me. Wishing I could spend one whole day focused on leaving my world with something better, richer, more meaningful and less selfish. If I'm not in tears over the fact that I lose that focus all to easily, I'm screaming at my kids for waking up the baby or dawdling their way through a parking lot.
We're still sitting here in a rental house in Colorado wishing to God that our house in MN would sell. It's so frustrating to have to continue working on my patience. Maybe the problem is that I don't actually have patience to work on. If I had a little to work with, maybe the waiting game would be a little easier. Jody is always reeling me back in and telling me to settle down. I thank God that he doesn't let me do anything too crazy, like try to buy a house before the on in MN sells.
The girls are having a great time with their school. This month we're studying the Presidents and doing some fun Valentine's Day stuff.
Eden's name was drawn in a lottery for a Charter School that I was very hopeful about. So, this fall she'll be going to Kindergarten. I try to stay upbeat because whenever I've told her that I'll miss her, she gets emotional and tells me she just wants to homeschool. I know she'll love having a real classroom and teacher and friends and recess and science class, music class and art class and all of the things that I can't offer.
I'm being summoned by my girls.

No comments: