Monday, September 24, 2007

My hair is peach

We went to spanish class today. Wonderful! We love spanish class, it's so good for everyone. Even my recalcitrant Kait at least gets to visit with her fast friend Remington. He's the most charming little 19 month old "sqeeze me" kid I've ever seen. I'm totally rambling, this is supposed to be about my peach hair.
We had to go to Target to exchange a skirt for Eden which would easily have held two of her. On our way there, called the love of my life and he was having a completely rotten day. I did my best to let him know I had his back and got to Target in a rather black mood myself. They refused to exchange the skirt because I've already brought two things back without receipts this year. Lovely. We headed over to get kids toothpaste and milk. I had to walk right past the hair dye. My feet moved slower and slower until I was standing there staring at the hair dye with complete absorption. Eden is the best little buddy to have shopping because she thinks we should get just about everything. I asked her if I should dye my hair and got exactly the enthusiastic response I desired. I was torn between the "golden light blonde"and the "ash light blonde" I settled on the "warmer shade." If the title had been "peach" I would have chosen the ash but alas they hooked me with "golden." While my hair was processing the doorbell rang. Ah yes, the lady that wanted to buy a rug I had on Craigslist! I invited her in with a flourish and gave her permission to laugh. The rest is history and I've now had maybe 6 or 7 hair dye fiasco's in my life and I still don't learn. Really life is best when I'm completely into my "natural" mode and don't give a fig about hair color or mascara. Every time I veer into the "fakey" mode I invariably forget I have mascara on and wipe it all over my face without knowing or dye my hair peach or purple or worse yet, ask my husband to do it and get a giant bleach spot on top of my head because he didn't shake the bottle. The bad part was Eden's face when I announced that my hair had turned out orange. She looked so stricken and told me it was terrible. Her empathy is really touching. Terrible? I don't know, it distracted me from my husbands woes for awhile and I have a feeling when he see's it tomorrow it will distract him too!

1 comment:

Stealthycat said...

This is the funniest post yet. HA.