Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Singin in the rain

Seems like you're always facing something and sometimes it's worse than others. Fall has a certain knack for presenting us with stuff. I remember two Christmases ago I was consumed with the move back to Colorado and all of the emotions surrounding it. Last year we were dealing with Jody's cancer and spent Christmas waiting to find out if they thought they'd gotten it all etc... Now this one will be spent fighting our insurance company to make them pay for Jody's latest surgery. It seems ridiculous and frustrating but it certainly puts money in perspective when I look back at the weighty issues we've faced lately. I know it's easier for me to put money worries aside because I'm not the breadwinner and I have an instinct for thinking optimistically but for this Christmas, I oddly feel a burst of joy that hasn't consumed me for many Christmases. I am so relieved that all we really have to deal with for now is money. What a relief. Even as I stare at a $30,000 medical bill wondering how far I will have to go to find someone to take responsibility for it. So, let the financial rain fall. It's nothing.
Kaitlyn had violin today. She loves it. Today she was finally allowed to play the bow on the violin for the first time. This was either her 6th or 7th week so there was alot of build up to this. She has mastered nothing but she and I have learned alot. I feel so overwhelmed at each lesson but what's interesting is Kait takes it for granted that she'll be able to do it and she does it.
We went to the pumpkin patch this last weekend and had a good time. I can see how far Jody and I have come. We took one look at the pumpkin prices and decided to pick up our Colorado grown pumpkins at King Soopers and pay for a hay ride. Learning the hard way how to have a good time and pinch those pennies.

No comments: