Monday, January 11, 2016

My birthday

They kept asking what I wanted... I kept shrugging and suggesting a cat. Then last night I said "I want Daddy to stay home." He did!! I knew I was wasting his vacation time but it was all I wanted. He ran all over with me playing chauffeur and took me to lunch and suggested Chinese for dinner and napped with me. Then they gave me gifts. So many gifts from everyone. Even friends unexpectedly. And phone calls and happy birthday wishes. Even one FaceTime. I never noticed how happy those make me. Twice I almost replied with "happy birthday to you too." I guess the whole Merry Christmas hasn't worn off yet. I was literally lavished with love. I loved this day. I loved my sweet Jenny showing up with the most delicious cake I've ever had. 

I love my people. I really do. 

No comments: