Friday, November 12, 2010

This is me?????

I just found this old blog I wrote and never published. I was hoping it would slide into when I saved it as a draft in May but it didn't. Ah well, I've messed up the order. Anyhoo, very funny story on Kaity. I'm going to tag another one on here about her playdate tea party. I have also promised myself that I will write a special belated birthday blog for Eden. I can't believe I didn't write one this year and I just noticed it! It'll be forthcoming tomorrow.

This was from May:
When I consider where I came from, I find it nothing short of mind blowing to think that I'm an urbanite with three kids enrolled in soccer, running around volunteering to feed 50 1st graders ice cream and buying and selling furniture willy nilly all the while listening to Kaitlyn's never ending tirades in the back of my mind.
"Mom, Grandma Barry and I have a secret and we're not telling anyone!"
"Okay."
"Okay Mom, it can be a secret with just you and me and Grandma Barry."
"Okay."
"I told her that you and Eden called me a party pooper this morning and she thought that PROBably hurt my feelings."
Long pause.
"Okay."
"I have been having lots of bad days Mom. One day I got a hole in my head and they had to put STAPLES in it, the next Eden hit me on accident, and today I scraped my leg on a ROCK." (I feel the need to insert here that it almost sounds like Kait puts a "g" on the beginning of words starting with "r" so it sounds like "grock".)
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Are you ready to go to Target?"

And this one was from November 9th:
I was invited to an exclusive Kindergarten Rockers preview show today. As I entered the room, I saw child sized chairs in a neat row apparently for spectators to sit in. They were facing the ottoman and couch. The ottoman had been draped with a sheet and Fiona stood in a dramatic pose with her body turned profile. A sparkly cap perched jauntily on her head with short curls peeking out. A little to her left and behind her, in a relaxed pose sat Katelyn R. With the guitar laying against her and a sweep of hair across one eye, she strummed with a faraway look. Behind Fiona, Kaity Kat and Abby stood on the window ledge above the couch. Abby was frozen in a pose with one knee crooked and her fingers forming a sideways v across one eye. Kaity Kat stood with feet planted wide. Her arms were stiffly at her sides and her hands were turned palm flat and her body was stiff. Fiona jumped and turned 90 degrees to face me and began to sing a song she had written this afternoon. "One daaaay, I was sittin lookin out the window, lookin out the window for my friends..." Kaity Kat and Abby started dancing like there was no tomorrow and Katelyn began to hit it on the guitar. I sat stunned. I have not exaggerated a single bit of this.

No comments: