Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What is wrong?

Friends, if I had to count the number of people whom have told me that Obama is our president and we need to pray for him or that God appoints the leaders... I think I might throw up. I'm serious. This is ridiculous. Here we are, with a hollywood election and a president who has no experience and a track record of supporting gun control and partial birth abortion. His beliefs are questionable. His voting record is damning and I guess I'm being told that the "Christian" thing to do is sit down and take it. Well, I wont. I believe that God created us with free wills and what happens as a consequence of the decisions we make, is something we must live with. If you did not do everything humanly possible to get someone elected that would actually preside with the morals that Christians believe in, it's time to repent. This is the bottom line, having Obama as president will not be the second coming of Jesus. I do not think for one second that "Martin Luther King Jr. would be so proud." He was a godly man, with principles and a belief in equality and the sanctity of life. He was an activist, with a dream of all men being treated equally and though on one front, the election of Obama represents that, I doubt he would sell his soul and be pleased with the morals of the first black man ever elected. Why a conservative group has never gotten a backbone and run Alan Keys for President is a complete mystery to me. So, I keep coming back to the woman that Jesus talked about. She went to the evil king and begged for justice every day until he was so annoyed that he gave her justice. People, God gave us feet for walking and a mouth to share the good news and demand justice for the innocent. Prayer is a great tool for building a relationship with God. It's wonderful for sharing the desires of your hearts and finding His will in your life, but let us never say we gave God lip service and sent up a paltry prayer for our government and left the doing up to whoever was greedy enough to make themselves heard for their own gain. It is time for the righteous to scream for justice. It is time to drive the evil ruler so crazy that he gives justice. By justice, I mean the innocent blood that cries from the ground. God did not appoint Barack Obama. You did, you made this happen so deal with it. And when we face God, he's not going to say "I put Obama there!" He's going to ask you why you did. I'm just calling it like I see it.

No comments: