Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Year of Get er Done.

When Dad left earth I sat back on my heels and realized some things. I don't have a million years here. Self care or the lack thereof affects everyone, not just myself. And life is too short to let insecurities and weird crap hold you back. I had a year of healing/realizing but the next one was "get er done." I got my mole removed, took Jody on a honeymoon, had my wisdom teeth extracted and got braces. These silly 'unfinished business' items were dragging me down. They were things I really wanted, yet I always denied myself while wasting money on Starbucks and silly fripperies. As the year wraps up, I realize all of these little things are leading up to the big one. I have to decide what I'm going to be when Hazel goes to kindergarten. Will I be a retail clerk at Home Depot? Go to seminary? Get a Real Estate license? Go to college and just see what they can make me into? Go to trade school and become a welder? I don't know yet and I am realizing that this decision is the one that has always paralyzed me. I don't know if it's a lack of self confidence or a fear of making a mistake. Luckily for me, Jody will support and encourage me. He always has. But if I could just keep 2015 a little longer and put this off... I probably would... even if I had to get my wisdom teeth pulled again. 

No comments: