Monday, September 29, 2008

Nobody can still be reading this but...

Here's a great Youtube video that is really a must see if you are confused over who to vote for and wonder who has the best interest of the country at heart and knows how to help the economy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tZc8oH--o
Kaitlyn had a huge Mommy attachment blah blah blah breakthrough yesterday. We went to church and she announced that she would be attending Sunday School. I took her to the door, they opened it and she marched in without a trace of fear. She smiled and waved goodbye. When I came and got her she told me that she wanted to be there the whole time and loved it. I couldn't believe it. Each of the girls have now been rooted in the attached philosophy and taken their wings completely on their own and I see no adverse effects from never tearing them from me kicking and screaming. Well, maybe a few psychological ones for me from never having a minute to myself... not even in the bathtub or on the toilet or in bed... or hiding under the steps to the basement muttering unintelligible blubber watching the door stopper bounce over and over... No that never happend, I made it up... for real.
Today Eden came home from school crying because her best friend was going over to someone else's house for the afternoon and she was inconsolably jealous. I had to reach way down inside myself for compassion. I rattled through a few quick lectures that had no effect whatsoever. I hugged her. I asked her to name five things in her life that make her happy. She told me she had none. I got desperate and started naming them myself. She told me she just wanted to go to Heaven right now and forget everything. It scared the pants off of me and I had a sudden burst of overwhelming compassion and explained to her why that would break everyone's hearts and that God put us here for a reason and we need to get busy and do what He needs done, not wish we were already in Heaven. Did I go too deep? Should I have ignored the whole display from the beginning and told her life is tough? I don't know. The kid was hysterical and I feel like I'm gonna do the wrong thing with these situations no matter what. We wrapped the conversation up with discussing the joy of the Lord and making brownies.
Nick is officially on a non-dairy diet. I am at my wits end with how tiny he is and how bad his digestive system has always seemed. Yesterday I let him have a scone in the morning and he screamed the afternoon away. I am on the non-dairy thing too and it's crummy but if it helps then so be it. I'll be curious to see how he does today because I've been VERY careful for the last 24 hours. I just hope I can stick with it. I am so weak where food is concerned.
Jody worked 70 hours last week. I hate to see him have to put in those kind of hours behind a computer. I personally think office work is so much more draining than manual labor. Three hours spent planning treats for the school year for the teachers left me feeling like a noodle. It reminded me how hard it is to get up and go to work every day. I appreciate him so much. He's such a great man.
I have two couches to sell right now. One is a fabulous Mid Century Sectional that I am having a very hard time estimating the value of, but I think I will make several hundred dollars on it at the very least. The other is not selling. I'm a little bummed about it. I wanted to sell it this weekend and get the big exciting one in but nobody called on it... Maybe I'll just rearrange the living room and squeeze them both in.
We replaced the dishwasher and stove in the kitchen and the landlord gave us a break on the rent for the expense. It's so nice to have newer appliances that actually work well.
The girls got bunkbeds and they just love them. I think they're such a great tool for imagination.
Whoa... breaking news... The House has turned down the 700Billion bill! Incredible. Where will we all be tomorrow? LOL! Well, I guess the whole world will collapse now. Maybe with this great failure we can find success again and learn restraint and wisdom! Or maybe everything will continue to hang in the balance for awhile longer while a more reasonable idea is presented.

No comments: