Monday, September 8, 2008

The rantings of a Radical Right Wing Conservative

I'm literally nauseated by the hatred I read. It's one thing to say that you think someone would be a terrible president and another thing entirely to do what I see people doing to Sarah Palin. It's sickening and I just don't understand it. I knew we were outnumbered in the communications world but I had no idea how bad it is to be outnumbered until now. Here I am actually worried about people wanting to elect Obama for what I consider to be very grave and dangerous reasons. People just want to hate Sarah Palin for some reason and she's only running as a running mate at the request of John McCain. She didn't ask for this, she's just trying to do what she can for the country. Well, oh well. Thank goodness I'm not in politics. I can't imagine what that must feel like. No wonder women don't have an equal seat in politics. If this is the way they get treated, why would anyone want to suffer that? I have the strongest feeling that if McCain had picked a Pawlenty or even his buddy Lieberman there would have been no uproar whatsoever and he would have lost hands down. So, he picks someone that he thinks has pluck and appeal to common people and they pick her apart systematically even though she's just a hard working mom like the next woman. I find it completely ironic that people would criticize her for this but I don't see those people criticizing women who have low paying jobs and have to work 70 hours a week to make ends meet and never see their kids. Instead of praising her for her hard work and ingenuity to help provide for her family and attain a position that gives her family a good quality of life, she's criticized. It's so weird. Where is a woman's place? People gently criticize me for staying home all of the time, intimating that if anything ever happened to Jody or our relationship that I'd be up a creek. Well what is right? It's just so tiresome. Mothers beat ourselves over the head for being less than perfect all of the time and then we always have a few more people that like to join in the fray. There is no foolproof answer, and what's right for one isn't right for another. I admit I don't understand a need for a career when the kids are little but I certainly don't think poorly of someone who does have one big or small. I wish all the best to Sarah Palin and her career and her wonderful family. I think it's also very strange that everyone thinks that McCain is on deaths door. I looked at a list of presidents who died in office, the youngest being 48. Proof that we have no idea how long we will live, or whether or not our president will die of natural causes, be assasinated or perhaps have nothing happen to him/her at all.
Here's another very interesting thing to ponder, I got it on wikipedia.
One president, Gerald Ford, was never elected as either vice president or president; he was appointed vice president by Richard Nixon (with approval from Congress) upon the resignation of Vice President Spiro Agnew. He succeeded to the presidency after Nixon's resignation and was defeated in the 1976 election by Jimmy Carter.

No comments: