Monday, December 8, 2008

The Wedding and other stuff












We went to Daniel and Hannah's wedding this weekend. They are a beautiful couple full of love and joy. I predict a wonderful life together. Eden and Kait were the flower girls with one of Hannah's neices. They all did a great job and looked so beautiful. I loved it.
Today I went to get Eden's Christmas gift from someone off of Craigslist. He had advertised a nice camera for $50 and I offered $40 and told him I was on a tight budget for Christmas. He accepted and worked one block from Eden's school. I thought it was great and handed him the money. He handed half of it back to me and told me Merry Christmas. I was stunned. I told him I didn't know what to say and he told me not to say anything and have a great Christmas.
I got home and flipped open the target ad and found Kaitlyns present on sale for $20 as well. That leaves me so far, with plenty for stockings! I'm thankful for the small blessings in life.
Jody's surgery was exhausting. Thankfully, it's over and we can move on to the next step which is the radioactive iodine therapy and a full body scan. I'm praying it all works out and we can put this behind us like so many people with thyroid cancer do.










No comments: