Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Dear Jesus

I pray that you take my pain and use every vivid color to paint something beautiful with my life. I pray that someday when I'm gone my children will rise up and call me blessed. I pray that I will learn to be so completely inhabited by you that nobody even remembers the old selfish hateful hurtful me. I pray that as you consume me, you use me for your purpose. I pray that you make my heart soft and willing to forgive. I pray that you give me wisdom in all situations. I pray that your Holy Spirit gives me temperance. I pray that as I fall deeper in love with Jody that you will make me the wife he needs in every way. I pray that as I am soaked in your love, I will be transparent and your light will shine from my deepest most hurting places out to warm a hurting soul.  
I know this prayer is all about me but it's all I have to give. 
And forgive my hard hearted mess. I know there's beauty in the journey and I give the journey to you. I welcome the scenic route, the road less travelled, the rocky painful route, so I know you more.

No comments: