Monday, September 10, 2012

louaa

This evening Nick arranged a couple of step stools and some of Hazel's toys in a row for some jumping games. He did it several times then asked if I'd like a turn. I allowed that it looked pretty fun and we started doing fancy jumps, galloping jumps, skip jumps and then Hazel got in our path. Nick announced that we needed to move the baby but I just jumped over her. He put his hands on his hips and told me no way was he going to jump over her. I then started making a schwa schwa schwa sound as I jumped and suggested he have a jumping sound. He started meowing with each jump and confided in me that he likes cats a lot. Then he pursed his lips and said "louaa... do you know what louaa means Mom?" I said "no, I don't." He said "it means (oh man I forgot what he said it means! I hope he remembers when I ask him tomorrow!)" I said "oh, in what language?" He said "baby language (in an incredulous tone, as though I should know what language he was referring to)... or Spanish I'm not sure." It was nice of him to let me know. And finally about 45 minutes after bedtime I heard a rustle in his room and popped in to have a look see. There was little Nick huddled in his closet looking at "Rescuers Down Under." He glanced up so casually and said "oh, hi Mom" and gave me a beatific smile. What to do with him, I really am not sure. In other news, we are looking desperately for a renter for the Kasson house. Put out the BPA please! Also, Hazel finally got her first tooth today. It is about time!

No comments: