Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kait's back in violin!

Here is a picture of her first lesson with Sandra Wong.
We pulled up at Sandra's house for the first lesson. I knew she had three large dogs but hadn't really put much thought into how that affects a very tiny little house. As we walked in, I got a strong aroma of dog mixed with some kind of incense or something. I grew up on a farm so smells aren't terribly important to me but I do have a very keen nose, especially when I'm pregnant. Kait and Sandra started comparing Kait's violins to see which one was a better fit and I glanced down at Nick next to me. His teeth were barred and his nose was scrunched. I said "Nick, what in the world is wrong?"
Without opening his teeth he clearly said "it STINKS in HERE!" while continuing to scrunch his nose and bare his teeth.
Kait and Sandra were in pause watching the whole thing. I shrugged apologetically and told her I thought Nick was unaccustomed to incense or whatever that smell was. She pointed to an air freshener plugged into the wall directly behind Nick and said I could try taking it out.
When I next glanced at Nick he had the first two fingers of his right hand jammed up his nostrils and with a nasally ring he said "let's go HOME NOW, it STINKS in HERE."
I wanted to curl up and die but Sandra seemed to expect a comment from me, so I said "four year olds just have no filter." To which she laughed.
A few minutes later Nick and Eden went into the next room and Eden came back and said "Mom, you should see Nick, he has his entire head buried in her box of stuffed animals." Sure enough, there he stood bent forward with arms dangling and his entire head stuck in a box of stuffed animals.
Meanwhile, Kait had a wonderful lesson and played twinkle for her new teacher and did everything asked of her with enthusiasm.

No comments: