Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm happy again

Kinda wandered my way out of the black forest a couple of days ago. Whew.
I sat in church this Sunday staring rather perplexed at a skirt hitting me mid-thigh in a sitting position thinking, how many wardrobe malfunctions can I have in a single pregnancy exclusively on Sunday? One day I got dressed, wandered around the house getting everyone ready to get out the door and looked down to realize my top would be fantastic for nursing... with the easiest access from the top ever. That was a last minute save at home but the very next week, I squeezed into a top, told myself it was the last time, got to church, sat down and the thing was gapping big holes of skin between each button. Well, what's a girl to do? I mean, I'm there now, it's just survive and repeat next week apparently. Fourth pregnancy? Seriously? Anyway, I charged into the grocery store today with my cavalcade in tow and met a cute little preggo girl striding out with a mid belly tank top and a mini skirt on. She was workin it. I guess that's the way to look at it. Hey, I'm Jennifer Aniston and I don't care if anyone sees my belly, 3/4's of my boob or a little butt cheek...
I'm also getting a little too much feedback on my body overall this time around. Whether it's someone exclaiming to me that I'm huge and asking me to agree or asking me when I'm due and then letting their eyeballs fall out when I answer. I mean seriously people. I'm not thrilled to be pregnant a fourth time, you are not helping things. I eat the nice feedback up like peanut butter cups. I can't believe how needy I am. When I get the "you are just such a cute little thing ALL BELLY" I bask. I know I've got a spare tire and back fat. I know the truth but feed my ego, make me feel good. What have you got to lose? One that gave me a couple of rounds of good belly laughs was when I mentioned my stomach had been hurting to my neigbors a few days ago and the husband looked over and said "ya know, you might be pregnant."
We are having our usual fall drama. School is starting in two weeks, our renters gave notice that they're moving out in four weeks and we have an appointment on Thursday to find out if Jody needs another surgery for his thyroid cancer. A month ago, this might have sent me into the nut house, but some crazy prayer warrior has bumped me up and I am sailing. My perception of Jody says, he's the same. We're going to be just fine.

No comments: