Monday, March 15, 2010

AZ

More ramblings for myself. Sometimes I write these for entertainment and sometimes I'm just documenting some memories. I figure I'll go back and read this stuff someday and laugh until I cry or just be glad it's there. Actually, I did do that a few months ago. I went back and read some blogs from 07 and laughed until I cried (but Gin thinks I cry too easily when I laugh, so I guess that's not too amazing). Anyway, I'm glad I've got it and wish I tried harder.
A little over a week ago we went on our first family vacation since Nick's birth. I'm not gonna lie. It's been a hard time in our lives for the last couple of years. It was liberating to just kick back and relax for most of the time. Jody's mom and Jerry took us to a great dinner theater on a farm. We ate on tin plates, got rowdy and banged on them with spoons, the kids were enthralled with the singers thinking we were in a movie. The girls got to shoot a colt 45. It had pearl handles and was over a hundred years old. They each got a turn, emptying wax rounds at a target. It was the highlight. They panned for gold, went in a saloon and listened to a singer. Kait told her Grandma that it was so beautiful her eyes got wet. I've jumbled up the sequence but it was a great night. The kids wished they could go every day. Jerry took Jody and Nick to a pre-season baseball game between the Diamondbacks and the Cubs. Nick loved it. Maureen treated all of us girls to Mani/Pedi's which we were thrilled with. We got to catch up with GG. I played a couple of rounds of scrabble with her and we had some good laughs. Maureen and Jerry hosted a big dinner and had all of her family in the area over one night. That was fun too. One night Jody and I got to have a grown up night out too! I put on a hot little number and failed to get any pics of us. ;( It was very romantic. We sat on the same side of a cozy booth in a small upscale restaurant. We were unaware of the expectation to make reservations, but were kindly seated anyway since the place wasn't packed. ;-) The meal was perfect and cost twice as much as any meal we've ever eaten but again, I didn't take pics of the food, though I should have. It was a memorable night. Kait had a lengthy "to do" list for the trip and I think that practically everything was hit. We went swimming, picked lemons at Aunt Margi's, named Kait's doll with Aunt Sharon and went shopping.It was a fun trip and we're thankful for the generosity of Jody's parents or we'd probably still be years away from a family vacation with the whole boo crew.

No comments: