Thursday, March 26, 2009

Scones for dinner

Yesterday Jody had to work interminably late. We decided we wanted scones and scrambled eggs for dinner. As the girls and I prepared to make the scones, Kaitlyn and I had a rather entertaining conversation. Ethan has a rat named Emmy.
Kaitlyn: Emmy is a strange name for a rat.
Mommy: Well, I think it's kind of strange for a boy rat.
Kaitlyn: No, it's a strange name for a rat.
Mommy: What would be a good name for a rat?
Kaitlyn: For a girl, I'd name her Flower. For a boy I'd name him John.
Mommy: Flower and John huh? That would be appropriate I suppose.
The scones were yummy and everyone slept well last night. Now, on March 26th we're having our first snow day of the year at school. Eden has been outside since she woke up. No breakfast, she just bundled up and headed out. I spoke with her at one point and she was covered in snow. I said "it actually looks like you've been rolling in the snow" which was an inconceivable thought to me. She just gave a quick nod and smiled. Yes, we are related I think... As the years pass, I wonder ever increasingly if in fact they did switch her at birth. I don't have that luxury with the other two since they were born at home and there wasn't anyone to switch them with.
Nicholas is upstairs right now plaintively hollering "mommy, mommy, mommy" so I guess I'm done for today.

No comments: