Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's my sisters birthday!!!

Ha! What a ride! Are we old enough that we stop telling our age yet? I wonder how you know when that happens. Here's a toast to __ years of being Gin! God gave her to me as surely as he gave me Jody. She's my bestie in the world. We lived in each others shadows in every way. She always wished she could speak her mind like me and I always wished I could keep my trap shut like her. She wished she could boss people around like me, I wished I could have her "magic eyes" all the guys talked about so I wouldn't have to boss people around. We've been sisters from the bottom of the barrel all the way up to the days of overflowing. I remember one particular rocky phase of life when I wasn't keeping track of my cell phone minutes and got at least a $600 bill back in my single days. Whew! How did I even ever pay that off??? All I got to say is this. Eden, Kait, Nick and Hazel. Someday, if you hold on to your siblings and treat them right and always make time for them and always put time together in the budget... you just might get to have a real deal mustache photo op and laugh until you cry. You might look at your wedding pictures 10 or 15 years later and know that you picked the right maid of honor. You might get to raise your kids together and laugh your way through life together and always always always be glad that you treated them right because they're your very best friends in the whole world. I kinda want to reminisce but I kinda just want to write something happy and silly and say she's the greatest ever and I HOPE with all my heart that my kids are as tight as Gin and I are when they grow up. She's the finest friend a person could ever have.

No comments: