Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanks Anna

Little Hazy is already six weeks old. She's alert, smiley, demanding, cuddly and completely adorable in all of her little clothes she's been blessed with by family and friends. Tonight she's in a dark pink sleeper with pale pink hearts and a froggy. My friend Anna sent it to her today. Anna is one of my most treasured long term, low maintenance, generous, genuine and completely unique friends. I think back to when she became my friend when I was working two jobs trying to make it on my own. We would drive to downtown Denver, go to a little hole in the wall coffee shop and pick up a latte for me and a steamed almond milk for her then we'd go sit on the 16th Street Mall and watch people. Strange people, funny people, weird people... one time a naked person wrapped in a blanket running around confused... We were as different as night and day but we always had common ground. We made memories, shared some pretty special experiences and then when our lives changed we saw each other less but my friendship with her has always been a link to a different lifetime that practically nobody else in my life is linked to. I do pity her being my friend for so long. Somehow she's managed to supply each of my kids with darling gifts and I just keep having them. Most people knew me during one birth or another but Anna has always claimed me and always kept our tenuous friendship alive and always gifted adorable things to the family that just won't stop growing. So, thanks Anna. It seems like I'm only ever saying thanks to you but thanks. You're a peach.

No comments: