Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mundane musings of an Erie country mouse.

I hadn't thought of how to get around it but Adagio Tea charges me a $2 "Rural Delivery Charge" now that we live in Erie. Today it occurred to me to have it shipped to Jody's office in Boulder to avoid this ridiculous fee and he found it as amusing as I did. His observation was that now we can tell people we live in the country! I grew up "rural", and his grandparents farmed "rural" so we are familiar with the term. It should involve dirt roads, opening and closing gates and packs of noisy dogs, or at the very least a half mile between neighbors on long lonely roads, not a stop on a daily route through a neighborhood on a culdesac 20 miles from Denver. I suppose in Colorado, I might consider a "rural" delivery fee fair if UPS had to traverse Berthoud Pass to deliver my tea... Never the less, I have avoided the charge, and that is what being a stay at home mom is all about. I have my $2, and my tea is soon to be shipped.
In the past week and a half we have had grandparents come to visit, a trip to the mountains, a belly henna tattoo party, an all day outing to the zoo and the complete collapse of the pregnant lady. Yesterday I felt like I'd been hit by a mac truck. I sank into my bathtub mid-morning, toddled to my bed and then melted into Jody's side of the mattress imagining him somehow cuddling my deformed body while Kait and Nick painted in the dining room... dangerous I know. Somehow, this week I will pull it together, make my granola and breakfast burritos, get Kait healthy, have a birthday party for Eden, figure out my iTunes, walk 3 miles every day and visualize birth. Next week, I'll again walk three miles every day, make freezer meals with Gin, stock my house with enough food for the end of the world and then try to relax this baby out so we can finally find out if it is a boy or a girl.

No comments: