Sunday, May 22, 2011

Beauty of a season

It's spring. Some days are windy, some are sunny and some are rainy. I've been told by a friend who lives in Portland that nobody is sharing much pity for a person in Colorado who cries in her teacup over four days of rain. I think we had more than four days of rain but somehow I don't think that makes much difference to the people sweltering in Arkansas and living under umbrellas in Portland. It may very well have drowned the tomato plants... but again, I doubt this is dredging up much pity from any front.
We are leaning into our last week of school. I can almost taste the freedom but first we must do two weeks of swim lessons at 8AM. Then I'm free. Free as a bird to sweat my way through summer with a growing baby belly.
This afternoon we went to a neighbors house. They bought some furniture from me and mentioned they had to postpone coming to see it because they had baby goats born. It was practically an invitation to see the little cutie pies, so we ate a quick lunch and scuttled over there to cuddle some little warm soft bits of God's creation. They had a two month old llama named Bandit, so we got to visit with him too. Adorable!
When we got home, it was such a lovely day the kids decided to plant my pepper and collard green plants. Mommy remembered to take pictures! Everyone pat me on the back! These are the moments we wish we had pictures of, and this time I DO!




No comments: