Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm getting in a blogging groove.

Seems like once a week is just right. I don't tend to forget too much and I'm not usually grasping for material.
1. I don't think I can watch any more of this political stuff on tv. First Huckabee is too spiritual, now Obama who can't possibly have an inkling of Christianity (I pass this judgment because of his not only pro-death stance but his radical extremism of supporting partial-birth abortion) is under fire for having a pastor that is a black supremist. They berate Huckabee for his faith and then commend Obama for his, rambling on about how he is personifying true Christianity by loving the sinner not the sin etc... It's so obviously slanted, I just can't even stand to watch it.
2. I finally sold the couches. We are couchless as of this afternoon. I netted $160 on the vintage one I've been trying to sell for almost three weeks and now I get to go furniture shopping and try to do it all over again. God bless Jody for staying married to me when I put him through such hoops. The girls are just troopers about it all. They crack me up and always remind me of the Dave Ramsey quote "sell so much stuff that the kids think they're next." Eden walked up to me with a roll of shelf paper in the garage today and said "Mom, are you going to sell this or can I open it?" LOL! Every time I turn around the kids say something like "is this for us or are you going to sell it?" I just crack up so bad and it's so true. So true and so fun!
3. I've sold three moby wraps this month and have two more people who want to pick one up this week. The moby business in Colorado is unreal. Part of me thinks I should scrimp every bit of that profit to open a store someday.The realistic part of me knows I will use every bit of that profit to pay off our debt and get ready to buy a house!
4. We had an open house at the house in Kasson this weekend and I'm really praying and hoping something will turn up soon but we haven't heard any positive news on that front whatsoever yet.
5. My little brother Daniel, is pondering matrimony. It's slightly surreal but equally exciting to me. We don't have weddings in our family very often. He's after an amazing girl and we're all crossing our fingers. She's a doll.
6. Nick got his fourth tooth this week.
7. We went to the goat dairy in Niwot on Tuesday. The girls had a wonderful time, petting goats and touring the dairy.
8. We went to the mall today and the kids rode a little train around the mall. They thought it was fabulous. I thought it was much more fabulous than the giant slide I had to carry Kaitlyn up and then ride down five times the last time we went.
9. The Financial Peace University class we are taking is simply AMAZING. If I could recommend anything to everyone I know, it wouldn't be home birth, cloth diapering, breast feeding, homeschooling, doula support or any of the things that everyone knows I advocate hardcore... it would be that every person I know should take this class or order the kit and listen to every cd. I am so impressed with the presentation and information. It has radically changed our life. Last month we didn't think our income was going to be as large as our monthly bills with the Colorado rental and mortgage. This month we BUDGETED over $700 towards debt reduction. To make matters more amazing, as the month is progressing it's looking like we might be able to pay extra. How's that? For the first time in our lives, we know exactly how much to spend on a house and how long to finance it for and stay within our limits financially. As I can see, we will be debt free aside from mortgage by July or August. This would never have happened if we hadn't taken this course. Never. Dave Ramsey makes me think about things I've never thought about.

No comments: