Monday, November 12, 2007

Stress

I wish stress didn't exist. I wish we lived in utopia. Of course if we lived in utopia, we wouldn't know it or appreciate it unless we had previously known stress, so it's pointless. As a matter of fact, a survivor of the Haulocost would definitely think I live in utopia. should Utopia be capitalized? I don't know. I haven't spent much time reading about it. Forget it.
Eden is five now. She has officially started vying for the computer. She messes with the mouse pad, moves the keyboard around, randomly changes the font size on the computer and rearranges the list of internet favorites.
A few days ago she told me "When we get a new house, I'd like 600 teeter totters in the yard." I gave her a quizzical look and asked why. Her reply was "for all of my friends in my network." Jody and I got a good laugh out of that and I told him that if tv commercials can teach her how to use the word "network" in context, it can't be all bad.
Nick scoots and rolls all over the place. He turned five months a few days ago and is obsessed with paper. He will roll, scoot, strain, and twist as far as necessary to reach it. The really cute thing he does is superman. He lays on his belly and sticks his arms out in front of him while lifting his legs off of the floor and arches his back. He holds the position for a few seconds then goes completely limp and gathers his strength for another go. We call it his exercizes. He's so serious and determined. He also lifts his whole upper body off of the floor and swivels around whichever way he wants to go. Busy is all I can say about the kid.
Kait was so amazing about Eden's birthday. We told her it was Eden's day and she went to every extreme to make it such. She never pouted, tried to take Eden's toys, complained that it wasn't her birthday or anything. She bought Eden a set of play makeup for her birthday and was SO excited and proud to give it to her. I have never seen such a selfless little person. It was beautiful. If only I could say the same about Eden's attitude about her birthday.
Kaitlyn is my buddy. She asks me for so little, never does the same wrong thing twice (except hitting Eden), gives me company for everything I do and keeps up such an entertaining stream of chatter. If I hurt her feelings, I feel so bad and instantly apologize. It's so different from my relationship with Eden and I can't say why. It's like we both try in our relationship or something. With Eden, it's like I always have to do more to make her happy and with Kaitlyn, just being with me makes her happy and likewise.
Baby crying.

No comments: